Microsoft Edge 88 could be a major release or the biggest update since the launch of Edge. The next version of Edge going to release on January 21, 2021, may bring the following features to users.
What’s expected to arrive with Microsoft Edge 88
As we said in the Past, Edge has got the ability to suggest strong passwords. The Edge’s built-in Password generator may come in handy when you create a new account on a website.
While creating a new account on a website, click on the Password field, and select “suggest Strong Password” and select the Password generated by Edge or use the refresh option, or the browser to offer another password.
Copy and Edit Passwords
Edge allows to copy and edit saved Passwords in the browser.
To edit a Password stored in Edge
- Visit edge://settings/Passwords
- Under Saved Passwords
- Click on the three-dot icon and select “Copy password” or “Edit” and enter the Windows OS password when prompted.
Cookies and Site permissions Settings redesign
Cookies and site Permissions Settings page has been revamped. It now displays settings in a card-based view. The redesign allows managing cookies and navigating to settings much easier than before, and the design looks slick and neat.
New History menu
History menu follows the Favorites UI revamp, lets you access recently closed sites on the fly. The History flyout also lists all History entries and Tab from other devices.
Other new features and interesting additions:
- Edge for Mac receives Picture-in-Picture support through Touch bar
- Sidebar Search will be available to everyone with this release.
- You can now add comments or text notes to PDFs on Windows as well as other platforms.
- If you visit shopping websites and do a handful of purchases, Edge’s coupons flyout now has a price comparison feature included.
- Two-page format for PDF is now available.
At the time of writing, all these features are available in dev versions of Edge
What’s your take on the new features in Edge 88? Which ones do you like the most? Let us know in the comments below.