Last year, Microsoft announced, it will bring “Gaming homepage” and more features for gamers to the Edge browser. With the Games menu already available in the sidebar to play classic games, Micorsoft seems to be now working on a new “Protect Corefield” that enhances gaming features even more in the Edge browser.
Microsoft Edge browser’s new Project Corefield
Microsoft constantly tests new features on select users in the Edge browser. The company is now trying to create a better environment e to play games in the Edge browser for gamers with the new Project Corefield in Canary.
The feature is available for some via controlled rollouts.
With the new Project Corefield, seems Edge to offer a better gaming experience that reduces CPU usage, provides superior multitasking, and includes a gaming homepage, and apps for gamers such as Discord and Twitch.
“Level up your experience in and out of the game with superior performance, a gaming homepage, sidebar apps like Twitter and Discord, and more”, Microsoft highlights Edge’s new gaming features.
Microsoft may enable the following features in Edge for gamers
- Dark Mode
- Efficiency mode to improve performance by reducing CPU usage. Startup boost when enabled, helps to launch Edge faster
- Apps for gamers: Gamers can customize Edge Sidebar with Twitter and Discord apps.
- Gaming themes: allows users to select a theme for a beautiful visual experience from available appearance settings.
- Clarity boost, an exclusive feature in Edge, improves the visual quality of your video stream and game graphics to make your experience look clearer and sharper.
- Multitasking: If you’re a gamer while playing games in Edge, you can multitask with Split Screen and Picture in Picture. You can also stay on top of tabs with vertical tabs and tab groups.
Microsoft has designed a new gaming homepage in Edge browser on a new tab page fitted to your interests and Xbox content. Sign in to your Xbox account in Edge, check Microsoft Rewards, and recently played games and titles in the Xbox Clouding Library.
To access and use Gaming Homepage in the Edge browser
- Open New Tab, ensure content is set to “visible” in Page Settings and Layout is selected to other than “Focused”
- Click on the “Gaming” tab in the MSN feed
- Sign in to your Xbox account and enjoy the gaming content curated especially for you.
How to enable new gaming features in Microsoft Edge
- Launch Edge browser
- Click on Menu, select Settings > Appearance
- Under “Customize browser”, Toggle on “Game loadout” to enable new gaming features.
What’s your take on this? Is Microsoft turning Edge into a gaming browser like Opera GX? Let us know in the comments below
Final words: Microsoft is working on ‘Project Corefield” to provide the best gaming experience to gamers in the Edge browser.