Opera 54 has been released with News on Speed dial and Update & Recovery option in the Opera Menu. Till now, Opera browser hasn’t displayed bookmarks bar by default, with version 54, bookmarks bar is now turned on by default and that too with sponsored ones.
Opera Software gets some revenue by showing those bookmarks such as Amazon, eBay, Booking.com, Walmart, TripAdvisor and Facebook. You may find these bookmarks annoying, here either you can hide the bookmarks bar or delete those bookmarks, here is how you can do the both.
Remove or delete default bookmarks on bookmarks bar in Opera 54
1. Launch Opera
2. Open bookmark manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B or select Bookmarks in Bookmarks menu
3. Select ‘Bookmarks bar’ on left, hold Ctrl+A to to select all bookmarks on the right
4. Right click on any selected bookmark and select ‘ Move to trash’.
5. Now click on Trash icon on the left, right click on any bookmark and choose ‘Remove Selected’.
Note: Opera may show different bookmarks to you like Flipkart, Jabong, Aliexpress, but the procedure to get rid of them is same.
To hide the bookmarks bar in Opera
- On the Start Page, click on three horizontal lines icon to open Easy Setup, and under Appearance, deactivate ‘Show bookmarks bar’ switch.
1. Open menu > Settings >Basic,
2. Under Bookmarks bar, uncheck ‘ Show bookmarks bar’.
What you’ve done? Have you hidden the bookmarks bar or removed the bookmarks? Let us know in the comments.