Opera browser is now available in Microsoft Store in Windows 11. In addition to the web, you can now download Opera from Micorsoft Store also. Micorsoft has already added its Microsoft Edge browser to Store sometime back quietly, expect familiar browsers such as Chrome and Firefox to show up there as well.
Opera browser in Microsoft Store
Why Opera? Opera browser comes with the following unique and productive features:
- Free, unlimited, integrated VPN provides enhanced privacy and security.
- Native Ad blocker blocks ads and trackers.
- Popular messengers and social networks are available in the sidebar. Currently, the Opera sidebar comes integrated with Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Instagram, Telegram, VK, and Twitter.
- Flow feature lets you send info between devices.
- Recently introduced Pinboards allows users to create and share their Pinboard with notes, videos, images, and links
- The player in the sidebar supports streaming music from YouTube Music, Apple, and Spotify.
- Workspace allows organizing tabs into groups.
- Snapshot, screenshot feature, lets you capture and edit snapshot of pages.
- Video Pop-out feature or Picture in Picture lets you detach video into a floating window.
- Opera comes with a unit converter and battery saver features also.
Microsoft Store is open to other browsers and third-party Stores
Along with Opera, Yandex got into Microsoft Store as well.
Opera Software believes openings the Store for other browsers is giving more choice to the user.
Microsoft confirmed Amazon and Epic Games bring their Storefront Apps to Windows 11 in the coming months.
Amazon App Store listing in Microsoft Store means Android Apps make their entry into the new OS. The company promises to share more details on the upcoming Android app and games Preview experience with insiders.
Closing words: Expect Chrome and Firefox to hit Microsoft Store soon in Windows 11 with Opera, Yandex, and Microsoft Edge already available. Opera Software welcomes the opening of the Store for non-Microsoft browsers.
More on Opera and Windows 11: