A while back Microsoft Edge beta and stable builds based on Chromium 76 leaked online, though stable installer didn’t work, Edge Preview beta installer did worked. Now as of today, the Microsoft Edge beta is on the same version number as that of Dev, that is 220.127.116.11. Yes, Edge beta is now based on Chromium 77 and by next week, Edge Dev will be using Chromium 78, so in case, you don’t know here is what’s new in Edge so far in version 77.
1. You can customize the new tab page layout from browser Settings.
2. You can select multiple tabs using keyboard Ctrl and Spacebar keys.
3. Edge browser UI now uses Windows System Settings and colors for high contrast.
4. You can request Edge not to translate pages in a particular language by selecting “Never Translate” option in Translation dialog.
5. Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.
6. Added the ability to mark screenshots with ink.
7. Chromium-based Edge now allows importing Classic Edge settings into the browser via import wizard.
8. Added InPrivate window counter to private browsing window and InPrivate text to know a window is inPrivate or Guest.
9. Edge now doesn’t allow extensions banned from Chrome Web Store for install, their installation will be prevented.
10. After making IE mode Enterprise only feature, it’s now available again in Dev channel, though this time, you need to run Edge with a command line to get the feature working, for more read: Microsoft Unblocks Internet Explorer Mode for new Edge users, here is what you need to do for it to work again
11. Edge sorts installed extensions as “From Microsoft Store” and “From other Store” Categories.
12. Like Chrome and Firefox, Edge nows supports keyboard shortcuts for the Extensions.
13. Edge internal pages such as Settings and History now support the dark theme.
14. Edge now lets you sync passwords, addresses, phone numbers also.
Do note Microsoft Edge beta is still not officially available on Microsoft Edge insider homepage, however, you can download it from here (the link and installer are functioning).