Weekly update for Microsoft Edge Dev has arrived, the update increased version number to “220.127.116.11” and brought the ability to sync addresses, phone numbers, and passwords to the browser. The update apart from containing a number of bug fixes and improvements now offers Never Translate option for a particular language in Translate dialog, which we’ve covered before when it was available in Canary.
Till now Microsoft allowed Chromium-based Edge users to sync favorites, extensions, history, Settings and open tabs to across all the devices using Edge insider builds, now sync has been expanded to other attributes such as addresses, phone numbers, and passwords. The sync behavior can be customized by visiting the Sync Settings page.
1. To start syncing stuff, click on menu > Settings >Profiles
2. Click “Sign in” and sign in to your Microsoft Account and choose which to sync and which not to sync.
Microsoft Edge team says “this release puts us (them) in sync with what’s in Chrome 77’s release”. Take a look at the new features added to Edge Dev this week below.
1. Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language
2. Added a keyboard shortcut for the ellipsis menu on Mac
3. Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
4. Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
5. Added group policies to allow Smartscreen to be managed by organizations.
You can find the remaining fixes for behavior and reliability improvements here.