Foxit Reader is a Free PDF Reader that comes with a slew of features to manage, sign and protect PDF documents. Foxit Reader possesses an interesting Safe Reading mode that prevents malicious document attacks. Here is how you can enable or disable it.
Foxit PDF Reader
- It allows you to view, annotate, sign and share PDF files.
- Includes Word count tool.
- Verifies the digital signature.
- Provides a dark theme and supports Night mode for PDF documents.
- Supports viewing two documents side by side like Chrome and Edge.
- Protected View and Safe Reading Mode
- Works with Dropbox, OneNote, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Works on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
What is Safe Reading Mode?
As mentioned at the outset, Foxit PDF Reader comes with Safe Reading Mode.
Safe Reading Mode is enabled during installation. You can disable it if not needed or causing trouble to you by following the steps given below.
Enable or disable Safe Reading Mode in Foxit PDF Reader
- Open Foxit Reader
- Click on File
- Select Preferences
- Scroll down and select Trust Manager
- Check “Enable Safe Reading Mode” Click Ok.
To disable Safe Reading Mode, uncheck the checkbox for Setting in the above step and click OK.
Tip: You can also open Foxit Reader’s Preferences dialog by using the shortcut Ctrl+K.
Do note, that Protected View and Safe Reading Mode are two different security features.
Protected View safeguards your computer from files coming from the internet or other unsafe locations, you can able to reduce risk and open them after turning on Protected View.
Final words: By default, Foxit Reader comes with Safe Reading Mode enabled by default, here is how you can disable it if you were unable to open some PDF documents.
More on Foxit PDF Reader: