Mozilla has released Firefox Preview 5.2 based on Geckoview 78 for Android to Play Store and is now available for download with New TabsTray, Google Voice Search, dynamic toolbar, and other new features and improvements.
If you now update Firefox Preview to version 5.2, you’ll be surprised to notice the lack of a new tab button on the menu as well as on the toolbar.
1. “New Tabs Tray” has been introduced by Mozilla with this update and seems is going to ship it with Stable version release.
Chrome and current Firefox versions do offer a new tab option in the menu.
To open a new Tab in Firefox Preview,
You need to type or search on the Home screen. Clicking on Tab switcher takes you to New Tabs Tray, when you click on + icon, you’ll be routed to the home screen to open a new tab. There are mixed reactions to this from users.
2. This update enables the “dynamic toolbar” at the bottom. What this means is nav toolbar/address bar doesn’t appear while you scroll down.
3. Google voice search is now available on the search bar.
To use voice Search
- Launch Firefox Preview
- tap on the search bar and tap on the microphone icon and say something
4. Reader mode Icon now appears in the address bar when a page supports Reader View.
Here is Firefox Preview 5.2.0 full changelog
- Redesigned New Tabs Tray
- Support for Voice input for Search
- Various Accessibility improvements
- Added support for opening pages in Reader Mode from the URL bar
- Improvements to the dynamic bottom toolbar
- Add quick contextual menu to tab switcher
- Added pull-to-refresh gesture to Sync history
- Various bugs and crash fixes.
Download Firefox Preview from Play Store.