Mozilla has released Firefox 77.0 beta for Android to Google Play Store and is now available for download.
Currently, Firefox Preview for Android (codenamed Fenix) based on Geckoview is in the transition to be the next Firefox for Android. Beta and Nightly versions of Firefox for Android are already migrated to Fenix code.
This new Firefox beta based on GeckoView 77 comes with the following changes.
1. You can now able to sort logins alphabetically or by last used order.
- Launch Firefox,
- Tap on menu icon > Settings
- Select logins and passwords > Saved logins
- Draw your pattern or enter your phone password when asked,
- Tap on the drop-down arrow next to Saved logins and select “Name (A-Z)” or “Last Used”.
2. Library menu containing Bookmarks and History has been removed from the site and Home menus, the Bookmarks, and history have been moved to the Site menu.
3. QR code Scanner has been improved and updated
This release includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
If you’re using Firefox beta, to upgrade to this version
1. Visit Play Store
2. Search for Firefox beta
3. Tap “Update” button.