First beta of 3.7 version of Malwarebytes is available to download for testing. Recently, Malwarebytes released component update for 3.6 to fix Windows 7 freezing issues, the new Malwarebytes 3.7 announced today, doesn’t show any notifications when apps you’ve added to new Play mode are in full screen.
Several Antivirus vendors offer Game mode, for instance, Avast offers Do Not Disturb mode. Game mode became a necessary feature in security apps, Malwarebytes anti-malware itself hasn’t offered the feature till now, with this beta, it is bringing Game mode with name Play mode.
Play mode can be found in Malwarebytes ‘Application’ tab, click on ‘Manage Applications’ to add an application for which you don’t want Malwarebytes to show notifications when a threat is detected or scanning is completed, when they’re in full screen. Once an application added to the list is detected, Malwarebytes automatically enables game mode for that app.
You must ensure ‘Automatically enable play Mode when a selected app is detected’ is turned on’ in Malwarebytes Settings for Play Mode.
The update has also improved compatibility between the Web Protection module and other third-party software
- Compilance with Microsoft’s early launch anti-malware requirements for Windows 10
- improved detections and remediation fixes.
Here are issues that are fixed in this beta
- Fixed on reboot scheduled scans not honoring scan settings and showing incorrect next scan date
- Fixed a mismatch between Malwarebytes and Windows Action Center regarding Update status
- Fixed a problem where certain settings were not accurately retained on upgrade
The new beta version is available for Premium users only and either they need to opt-in to receive beta versions within the application or can get the beta from the link given below.
Download Malwarebytes 3.7 beta:
- Launch Malwarebytes Premium,
- Application > Beta Application Updates, enable ‘ Automatically receive beta versions of component updates and full releases”
- Click ‘Enable Beta Application Updates’
- Visit the Application tab, click ‘Install Application Updates.
You can download Malwarebytes 18.104.22.16831 and install over current stable version, from here.