FYI, Microsoft has already set up a Separate store for Extensions for Anaheim and it has gone live recently and allows to install them only in Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser by default, but you might want to install favorite extensions from Chrome Web Store in it, since the browser in question supports Chrome extensions, here is how you can install them from Chrome Web Store in new Microsoft Edge browser.
After installing a browser, the first thing you probably do is add a search engine you use most often, we’ve just covered how to set Google as the default search engine in new Edge browser, now next step, how to install Extensions.
Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft’s Chromium Edge browser
1. Launch the Microsoft Edge
2. Click on horizontal ellipsis icon and select Extensions
3. Enable “Allow Extensions from other stores” to install
4. Click Allow
5. Visit Chrome Web Store, now Edge shows the message ” You can now add extensions from Chrome Web Store to Microsoft Edge.”
6. Search for an extension you want to install and click ‘Add to Chrome”.
Do note Anaheim warns the extensions from other sources are unverified and may affect browser performance and recommends to visit Microsoft Store to install extensions in the browser.