Have you synchronized bookmarks, open tabs, history and other data in Firefox browser to other devices you’re having by signing into Firefox account? If you try to disconnect from Sync, till now, Firefox used to warn you your browsing data will remain on your computer, but it will no longer sync with your account. Actually, Mozilla is now providing options to delete local data when you disconnect Firefox Sync. The change has been landed in Firefox 62. The company is making this change to let users know logging out of Firefox account doesn’t clear Firefox browser’s history, passwords, form data, etc. and the options are available for you to do so if you wish.
Disconnect Firefox Sync and delete Firefox browsing data
Starting with Firefox 62
1. If you visit Firefox Account section in options and click ‘Disconnect‘
2. Firefox asks, would you like to remove browser data from your computer also and provides below options and assures, your Firefox Sync data remains in your account, regardless.
- Remove Firefox Sync data: Removes synced bookmarks, history, passwords.etc.
- Remove other private data: Removes Cookies, cache, offline website data, etc..
3. If you select ‘Remove other private data’, ‘Disconnect& Delete’ button appears at the bottom
Note: Do know removing private data above is equal to you pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and clearing the browsing data.
Tip: If you want to delete all data that is associated with your Firefox Account, you can do so by visiting Firefox Account Settings page in the browser.
So what are you trying to accomplish when you’re trying to disconnect from Sync in Firefox browser? Are you thinking till now that browsing data will also be cleared with that?