Vivaldi has innovated yet another new feature that lets you unplug from work and spend time on offline activities. The company has integrated a pause button for the Internet within the browser with the new “Break Mode”. Vivaldi 3.3 update for Windows, Mac, and Linux also brings a new default theme for the private window.
- Vivaldi 3.3 released for Windows, Mac, and Linux and is available for download
- Includes new Break mode feature that fades content and pauses the video
- Enables new “Blurple” theme for Private window by default
- Base domain highlighting
- Lets you crop & click parts of the URL
What makes Vivaldi different from other web browsers such as Chrome and Microsoft Edge is a set of unique features and plenty of customization options.
With Vivaldi version 3.3, the company has baked button on the Status bar to pause the internet, so you can improve work-life balance and concentrate on activities outside the browser.
How to use Break Mode in the Vivaldi browser
To get started, ensure you’re using the latest version of Vivaldi on desktop and notebooks
- Launch Vivaldi
- Browse some websites in different tabs
- Click on the pause icon on the status bar to pause the content in tabs including Videos. You can also use the break mode keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+ .” for the same.
- To resume the work or to end the break, click on the Play icon on the status bar again.
No browser vendor has thought about this. Will be useful to employees working from Home during this pandemic.
New Private window theme
Recently we reported Vivaldi added a new default theme to the Private window to show the distinction between regular and private windows when visual cues don’t help. The new theme is a mix of blue and purple colors.
In fact, if you’ve no issue with the previous Private window theme, you can continue to use it or select from more by visiting Settings > Themes > Private Window theme.
Other than these two, Vivaldi now highlights the base domain by default. For instance, it now highlights example.com in the web address https://exmaple.com/index.html. Vivaldi believes this new security feature may help users to spot the phishing websites.
To disable domain highlighting in Vivaldi, visit Settings > Address bar > Security features > uncheck ” Highlight Base Domain in Address”.
You can download Vivaldi 3.3.2022.36 from Linux, Mac, and Windows from here.
Do you use Vivaldi? What’s your take on this version and the new features introduced by the Vivaldi team Let us know in the comments below.