When you launch Cortana from the taskbar in Windows 10 2004, you may get Cortana is not available in your region message even if it is worked before, here is how you can make it work if you’re facing the same issue.
Microsoft has separated Cortana from Search in taskbar in Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
When you upgrade to or clean install Windows 10 version 2004, you’ll notice the Search box and Cortana icon on the taskbar.
If you click on the Cortana icon on the taskbar, it should just work if supported in your country.
When we (based in India) tried to launch Microsoft’s digital assistant from the taskbar, we received “Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English (India) at this time” message, but Cortana is officially supported in India.
Here are the steps you need to follow to make Cortana work in Windows 10 2004
1. Click on Cortana icon on the taskbar
2. Sign in to it with your Microsoft Account
3. If you still receive the same message, head to Microsoft Store and search for Cortana or visit this link in the web browser
4. Click on the Get button, and install the update from the Store.
4. Launch Cortana, sign into it. This time, you can chat with the digital Assistant in Windows 10 without any issues.
According to Microsoft, Cortana is available in these regions for these languages:
- Australia: English
- Brazil: Portuguese
- Canda: English/French
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
Have you faced any issues with Cortana in Windows 10 May 2020 Update? Let us know in the comments below.