Recently, Microsoft made a new feature called “Workspaces” available to Edge users. The company has added the ability to lock Tabs in a workspace. The article provides details on how to lock and unlock tabs in Edge Workspaces.
What are Workspaces?
Microsoft has launched a collaborative and productive feature, for Edge named “Workspaces” in a limited public preview. It lets users group tabs and invite others to join within a workspace.
Workspaces help to separate browsing tasks into dedicated windows, allowing users to stay focused and organized across tasks. This feature lets you create a space in Edge for dedicated trips and research, with your own names, set of tabs, and favorites.
- You and your group can browse the same set of tabs in different devices and be in sync at all times
- Updates to tabs and favorites within the Edge workspace happen in real-time so everyone can stay on the same page.
- Remain focused while working on specific tasks or connecting with different groups by separating your open tabs into unique Edge Workspaces.
A recent Edge Dev update has introduced Tab locking ability in Workspaces. Here is how to use it.
How to lock Tabs in an Edge Workspace
- While you’re in a Workspace, right-click on a tab
- Select “Lock tab”
- To lock multiple tabs in the Workspace, select “Lock all tabs”
Once a tab is locked, you can no longer close or drag or move out of a workspace window, unless you unlock it.
Workspace creators and users who locked the tab are allowed to unlock the tabs.
How to unlock tabs in an Edge Workspace
- Right-click on a locked tab
- Select “unlock tab”
- To unlock all tabs, select the “Unlock all tabs” option
Whenever you hover over a locked tab in an Edge workspace, the tab title will display the information: “opened by you “and the corresponding time.
What’s your take on this? Do you use Edge’s Workspaces? Have you found them productive? Let us know in the comments below.
Final words: Microsoft Edge Workspaces now has the ability to lock tabs, which can be unlocked later.
More on Microsoft Edge: