Malwarebytes 4.4.5 added a new feature that shows the Malwarebytes Real-time protection, updates, and Device Scan status on one page in the App.
Malwarebytes’ previous update 4.4.4 protects you against Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Brute force attack and allows users to configure the product to enter a password when someone tries to uninstall Malwarebytes.
Security Advisor in Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes anti-malware is available in free and premium versions.
The Premium version offers more protection when compared with Malwarebytes free, which requires on-demand scanning for the detection of threats.
Malwarebytes provides the following features to paid users.
By looking at the Malwarebytes system tray icon, you can confirm these protections are active and running.
The company has integrated a Security Advisor status page into the GUI of Malwarebytes with version 4.4.5 as an alternative way to check these.
Using Security Advisor
- Open Malwarebytes by clicking its icon in the system tray
- Click on the shield icon at the right of the app window
- If Malwarebytes services are up and running, it says “your device is safe and secure”, if that’s not the case, It recommends turning on the above-mentioned features for your protection.
- You can turn on Malwarebytes features from the Security advisor interface itself.
If the device is safe, it shows a green shield icon, informing all protection layers, auto-updates were turned on and one or more future scans scheduled.
Other than this, the new version comes with the following changes
- dashboard updates,
- Teams onboard experience
- Enhanced detection and remediation
- improved performance.
The update includes fixes for a slew of bugs as well.
Soon Malwarebytes will pick up the update and shows notification about it.
Meanwhile, you can update it right away by checking for updates in Settings > General.
Which antivirus do you use on Windows? Let us know in the comments below.
More on Malwarebytes: