Weekly update for Microsoft Edge Dev build is now available and is now based on Chromium 79. Microsoft has released Edge Dev 79.0.279.0 with new features, improvements and bug fixes.
Recently, the company via controlled roll outs has pushed an option to disable news feed on New tab Page and provided an improved UI for Tracking Prevention and option to prevent media autoplay. The features still aren’t available in Canary and and in this dev build. However, the updated feedback tool with new tools added to Diagnostic data dialog now available in this Edge Dev release.
- Chrome’s Static certificate pinning feature is now available in Edge.
- Microsoft added a keyboard shortcut to mute tabs on macOS.
- The company added “support of hyphenated words when performing single-word intranet searches”.
Microsoft Edge Dev improved the stability by addressing some issues related to the video playing on Netflix
- Fixed an issue where watching DRM video like Netflix causes some devices to freeze.
- Fixed an issue where webpages sometimes crash when watching certain videos.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed an issue where using ctrl+F to find something on a webpage while certain things on the page are highlighted leads to a crash.
- Fixed some issues with Application Guard sessions not starting.
- Fixed an issue where navigation in Application Guard windows doesn’t work.
You can check this release’s full changelog here. In case you don’t know, Microsoft Edge Canary has now got the ability to block Potentially unwanted applications.