If you’re running a trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Antivirus on your computer or if the Kaspersky application license you’re using has expired, you can switch or convert it to Kaspersky Free without doing the full uninstall of application. If you don’t know, Kaspersky Free Antivirus is also referred as Kaspersky Free, we’ve recently reviewed the 2019 version of it, you can check it by visiting the link below.
Let us assume you’re using Kaspersky Internet Security 30-day trial copy on your computer, if its trial period has expired (or about to over or if you don’t like it) and you don’t want to upgrade by purchasing a license, then what you’ll do is to uninstall it. Here, when you initiate removal of Kaspersky, the application offers an option to switch to Kaspersky Free, which you can able to with a single click.
Note: When a Kaspersky AV product license expires, it automatically notifies you to renew the license, if you deny to do that, it lets you continue to use free protection Kaspersky Free offers.
Turn Kaspersky Internet Security Trial version into Kaspersky Free
1. Open Control Panel > Programs >Programs and Features
2. Select Kaspersky Internet Security and click Uninstall button
3. The application prompts you to purchase license, when you click ‘No thanks’
4. Kaspersky offers the option to Migrate to Kaspersky Free, click on that button,
5. Within seconds, Kaspersky Internet Security Application will be reconfigured and updated to Kaspersky Free.
When congratulations message appears, click Run for the activated Kaspersky Free to start protecting your computer.
Convert Kaspersky Antivirus Trial into Kaspersky Free
Following the above steps from one to four, will do.