Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019 has been released and available for download. Kaspersky offers basic protection to users with their free version (with Kaspersky Secure Connection), which brings new features such as scripts scanning, includes improvements for encrypted connections scanning, tools window and recommended settings and have some known issues as well. After installing the application, Kaspersky Protection Extension in Chrome will be installed automatically.
What’s new in Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019
1. Kaspersky’s Anti Malware Scan Interface component available on Windows 10 only, allows to scan scripts and other objects.
2. This version of Kaspersky Free allows users to add sites that returned error during encryption connections scanning to exclusion list or ignore. During the first run of application if you’ve many sites open in browsers, the https scanning feature may produce too many error dialogs for all encrypted sites, this may annoy you.
Tip: Disable Encrypted Connections Scanning
a. Open Kaspersky Free,
b. Click on the gear icon to open Settings > Additional > Network
c. Under ‘Encrypted connections scanning, select ‘Do not scan encrypted connections’, confirm to the warning by clicking ‘Continue’.
3. With this version, Extended Validated Certificates decryption can be disabled.
4. Tools window which opens after clicking ‘More tools’ in the interface has been improved and now displays features category wise.
5. The recommended Settings which you’ll see after installing Kaspersky Free and in General tab under Settings, now has both checkboxes checked by default for ‘Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packages’ and ‘Detect other software that can used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data’.
Disable Advanced Disinfection in Kaspersky Free
Tip: Advanced Disinfection feature is turned on by default, this feature requires more resources and can slow down system performance, you can disable it. To do that,
- Right click on Kaspersky Free icon in the system tray and select Settings
- Click on Additional > Threats and Exclusions, uncheck ‘Enable Advanced disinfection technology’ under ‘Advanced Disinfection’.
1. Do note Kaspersky suggests to uninstall this edition of Kaspersky before upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.
2. Even if you pause protection, with ‘continue to scan encrypted connections’ checked, Kaspersky continues to scan connections to https websites.
3. On some websites, pop-up windows will be blocked, you can come over this by disabling ‘ Inject script into web traffic interact with web pages’ setting in Network Settings under ‘Traffic processing’.
Download Kaspersky Free Antivirus 2019
Have you used Kaspersky Free in the past? What’s your take on this version and the version you’ve used? Let us know your views in the comments.