When you try to uninstall Avast to install another antivirus or to reinstall it, uninstallation doesn’t happen, instead a dialog screen will be shown saying ‘Error occurred during uninstallation Some files may stay in their current locations until the next reboot’. Let us how see we can fix this error and uninstall Avast successfully.
Avast Error occurred during unistallation
1. Open Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, select Avast Free Antivirus
2. Click Uninstall, click Repair or Update button and try to uninstall Avast again to see what happens.
3. If that doesn’t help, download Avast uninstall Utility (Avast Clear) to your computer and run it
4. When the tool prompts to run it in Safe Mode, click Yes,
5. When you confirm again by clicking ‘Yes’, the system will restart Windows in Safe Mode and the tool automatically opens it self after Windows has been loaded.
6. Check Avast’s installation program directory and installation data directory paths shown by Avast Uninstall tool are correct, click Uninstall and wait for the uninstallation to complete.
7. Once the product was successfully uninstalled message displayed on your screen, click on ‘Restart computer’.
You may like to read the following articles related to Avast installation and uninsallation