Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 comes with only one search engine that too as default is Bing. If you’re using Internet Explorer on Windows, let me tell you, you can add any other search provider like Google or Yahoo from Internet Explorer gallery site and make it as default, let us see how to add Google as default Search provider in IE11.
Setting Google as default Search Engine in Internet Explorer 11
1. Open Internet Explorer 11 (Tip if you’re using Windows 10, learn how to open Internet Explorer in it)
2. Visit Internet Explorer gallery page
3. Under Add-ons, for Google Search, click ‘Add’, (UPDATE: If nothing happens, check this post for the solution)
4. Add Search Provider dialog appears and asks you confirmation for adding, click ‘Add’ button.
4. Now Google has been added as Search Provider in Internet Explorer 11, click on the gear icon and choose ‘Manage add-ons’
5. Select Search Providers > Google, click Set as default, done.