Windows 11 22H2 with Moment1 update in October will get the Suggested Actions feature, here is how you can enable it right now and disable it if not needed.
What is Suggested Actions?
Suggested Actions is a new feature in Windows 11 that shows actions in the dropdown when you copy a date or time or phone number to the clipboard. It lets you do tasks fast with inline suggestions.
For instance, when you copy a date, time, or phone number, Windows lets you select options in the flyout to create calendars or make phone calls. The feature was designed to work with most Micorsoft Apps in Windows.
Suggested Actions examples:
- When you copy a Phone number, a pop-up with inline suggestions lets you know ways you can call a phone number using Microsoft Teams or other apps that offer click-to-dial call functions.
- Similarly, when you copy time or date, a inline menu with buttons suggests creating even using calendar apps. When the user selects the preferences, the app will be launched with a calendar event page with a prefilled date and time.
Microsoft has offered Suggested Actions first to insiders in Windows 11 build 22622 in July 2022. The company made it available to Windows Insiders in Canada, U.S, and Mexico.
How to Enable Suggested Actions on Windows 11
- Open Start
- Click Settings
- Click System
- Click Clipboard
- Click the Suggested Actions toggle to turn the feature on.
When you do the above steps, Windows 11 will display related actions in the dropdown as suggestions when you copy the date or time, or phone number.
One more reasons to disable Suggested actions on Windows 11. The feature apparently causes Firefox to hang or become unresponsive when copying text or links.
Mozilla has to release a minor dot release to Firefox v106 to fix the incompatibility issue between Firefox and Windows 11 Suggested Actions. If you found the feature unnecessary, you can turn it off by following the steps mentioned in this article.
How to disable Suggested Actions on Windows 11
- Click on Start
- Visit Settings
- Open System
- Click the Clipboard
- Change the Suggested Actions feature toggle to off.
Note: If the Suggested Actions toggle isn’t available in Clipboard settings on your Windows 11 device, the feature may not be available in your region, or your Windows 11 version may not support it or is hidden by default, here is how you can turn it on.
How to Enable Suggested Action on Windows 11 22H2 manually using ViveTool
- Visit Github site
- Download Vivetool latest release
- Extracts contents to a folder
- Copy ViveTool folder path
- Press Start, type cmd, and select Run as administrator
- Enter the path we copied above in the command prompt
- Run the following command
vivetool /enable /id:34592303
- Restart your computer.
If you want to get rid of the feature, then follow the above instructions, in the 7th step, use this command vivetool /disable /id:34592303 and restart the system.
The New Suggested Actions feature makes it easier to quickly launch related actions when you copy a date or time or phone number. The feature can be enabled in Windows 11 22H if you follow the above instructions.
What’s your take on Windows 11’s Suggested Actions? Have you found the useful? Let us know in the comments below.
More on Windows 11: