Malwarebytes AdwCleaner, with version 8.0.6, has received a Command-line interface, in addition to the graphical user interface. What this means is, you can scan and remove adware from your computer by using AdwCleaner without GUI also.
Is your computer is running slow? Or showing pop up advertisements everywhere that can’t be closed and web browser search engine, New Tab page, and home page have been changed, these are all signs of adware.
Malwarebytes has acquired AdwCleaner specifically to remove the adware.
The lightweight, freeware portable tool since Malwarebytes Acquisition (branded as Malwarebytes AdwCleaner) has been updated to detect and remove malicious entries in Windows Hosts file and preinstalled programs/bloatware on systems and laptops.
AdwCleaner has received the long-awaited CLI in version 8.0.6.
“AdwCleaner CLI allows you to programmatically use AdwCleaner without having to interact with the graphical interface. It makes it easy to integrate with your workflow and environment, even in a GUI-less remote session” said Malwarebytes.
AdwCleaner is mostly used by advanced users and technicians.
With CLI support, you can now initiate AdwCleaner’s scan from the command prompt and get rid of adware, here is how that can be done.
Running AdwCleaner from Command Prompt on Windows
To get started, download the latest version of AdwCleaner from here.
1. Navigate to Adwcleaner downloaded folder, right-click on it on the address bar in Explorer and select “copy as path”
2. Open command prompt as administrator
3. Type cd and paste the path we copied in the first step and press enter
4. Now to run AdwCleaner, execute the following command
adwcleaner_8.0.6.exe /eula /scan
The scan will start in the command prompt window and scan results along with detected threats will be shown.
Check the following commands on using the tool in command prompt or Windows Powershell.
* Scan only:AdwCleaner.exe /eula /scan
* Scan, then clean and reboot:AdwCleaner.exe /eula /clean
* Scan, then clean but do not reboot:AdwCleaner.exe /eula /clean /noreboot
* Use the Graphical interface (same executable):
AdwCleaner 8.0.6 changelog:
Command-line interface to scan and clean without GUI.
Reintroduction of DLL loading vulnerability reintroduced in 8.0.5.