YouTube has redesigned the site’s home page and the new look is now rolling out from November 07, 2019 onwards across desktops and YouTube apps on Android and iOS Tablets with bigger thumbnails and Add to Queue feature. If you like YouTube’s new home page, enjoy it! If not, there is a way to get the old design back in Chrome and Firefox browsers.
First and foremost to check the new design, open Incognito or private window and visit YouTube, you can spot the change right away (if rolled out to you) in the Chrome browser as you’ll be notified about changes with a message at the bottom with Dismiss and Learn more buttons: ” New look and features for YouTube Home. Higher quality previews and an easy way to queue videos”.
For the unknown, Google has changed YouTube design again in 2019, they’ve done that in 2018 also. The updated design brings the following changes to the YouTube home.
- Long video titles and thumbnails and high-resolution video previews.
- After mobile, desktop YouTube now has got “Add to Queue” option for you to queue up the next video to launch
- If you don’t want to see videos from a particular channel in your home feed, you can now tell YouTube not to recommend that channel.
If you don’t like the new look and you’ve compelling reasons to disable it, try out the below things.
Disable YouTube’s new look on the desktop in Chrome and Firefox browsers
1. Visit Polymer disabled link for YouTube https://www.youtube.com/?disable_polymer=true and bookmark it, use it to YouTube from now on.
2. Chrome: If you use Chome and other Chromium browsers, download and install “Restore Classic for YouTube ” extension available on Chrome web Store
As the name implies it restores Classic YouTube, so you may be losing some modern or new YouTube features because of that.
After installing the extension, click on its icon toolbar, and select “Classic Design”, if you’re on YouTube, it will be refreshed and loads the old design.
3. Firefox: If you’re using the Firefox browser, get the “Disable Polymer on YouTube” extension from AMO.