The previous update to Microsoft Edge Canary has broken its icon and turned the taskbar icon to Chromium’s, we’ve expected the next update to correct that, that’s not happened. The latest update received by Edge Canary 79.0.307.0 hasn’t fixed the icon, but it has added Tab Freezing feature (available behind a flag) and replaced old profile pictures with new ones and create new profile dialog has been changed as well.
Microsoft has said goodbye to old profile icons and added 20 new avatars to the Chromium Edge browser, you can able to update your profile with anyone of them if you like.
Note: These profile picutres are different from Chrome and Vivaldi’s.
1. Click on ellipsis icon > Settings > Profiles,
2. Under your Profile, click (…) More actions > Edit
3. In the Edit Profile dialog, choose a picture, click Update, done.
You can also add any one of these to other profiles if you’re using multiple profiles.
Recently we’ve covered Google is working on Tab Freeze feature in Chrome Canary, which when turned on, freezes qualified tabs that have been backgrounded for five minutes. The feature is now available for testing in the new Edge browser.
To enable the feature,
1. Ensure you’re using latest Microsoft Edge Canary 79.0.307.0 or higher
2. Visit edge://flags page
3. Search for “freeze”, in the highlighted results, for the Tab freeze flag, select “Enabled”
4. Restart the browser.