In the past,Windows Store showed theses errors to users: Server Stumbled, this app encountered a problem. Please reinstall it to repair and try the download again, here is another one we can add to that list.
After installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update when you open Windows Store you may receive this error : ‘Something bad happened, Unknown layout specified in mainfest.’ Let us how we can fix this.
Fix ‘Something bad happened, Unknown layout specified in mainfest’ Windows Store error
Entering incorrect region and time during Windows 10 install can cause Windows Store to trigger this error. That’s why you need to re-verify those settings again.
- Click on Start menu and select Settings
- Check ‘Time & Language’ and ‘Region and Language’ are set correctly or not. Setting Country as India caused us this issue, changing to ‘United States’ resolved it. Try to see if doing that helps you.
Reset Windows Store
1. Visit Settings > Apps & features,
2. Find Store app, click ‘Advanced Options’,
3. Click ‘Reset’ and launch the Store, it may not show the error this time.