Don’t want to be tracked when you use Google? But still want to use that search engine without sending your searches and your private information to Google? It’s very much possible when you use StartPage search engine, which gives Google Search results with complete privacy protection. Here is how to make StartPage as default search engine in Microsoft Edge and Vivaldi browsers.
Setting StartPage as Edge browser’s default search engine
1. Visit StartPage.com in the Edge browser
2. Click on More actions (…) > Settings, scroll down and click on ‘View Advanced Settings’ under Advanced Settings,
3. Scroll down a bit and under ‘Search in address bar with’, click on Change Search Engine
4. Select ‘StartPage-English (discovered)‘ and click ‘Set as default‘
Setting StartPage as Vivaldi browser’s default Search Engine
UPDATE September 27, 2018: This no longer required in Vivaldi 2.0 as StartPage has been added as one of search engines to Vivaldi browser.
1. Launch Vivaldi, click on V menu > Tools > Settings > Search, click on ‘Add New Search Engine’
2. Add the following details
Suggested URL: https://www.startpage.com
Check ‘Set as default’ and Click ‘Add’