When you try to take a screenshot with the popular Snagit, you may get a ‘Failed to Save document’ error. This can be mostly caused by the security software installed on your computer. There is a way to stop Snagit from throwing this error dialog on you without uninstalling the conflicting antivirus, here is how that can be done.
Fix Snagit’s Failed to save document error
- Open File Explorer or Windows Explorer
- Visit the Documents folder,
- Right-click on the Snagit folder and select Properties,
- Uncheck the Read-only check box, click OK,
- And delete the Snagit folder.
Now try to capture any area or a dialog present on the screen with Snagit, it will capture without showing any errors.
If this doesn’t help, try uninstalling the security software causing the trouble.
According to Techsmith, the following antivirus may conflict with Snagit.
You may want to whitelist the below Snagit processes in Antivirus settings before you proceed towards AV uninstall.
Has this helped you?