Recently we reported Avast Free Antivirus gained feature to protect your files from Ransomware, Avast Software has released Avast version 20.7 on September 1st and is available for download with performance and reliability improvements and fixes to BSOD and crash issues.
Avast Free Antivirus 20.7.2425 has got the following changes
- To improve reliability and performance, Avast has moved configuration from files to the registry. The company claims in the changelog that ” Your antivirus now runs even smoother thanks to tighter integrations with Windows Registry and boot optimizations.
- Avast Passwords component is not installed by default. You need to manually select it during the Setup to install.
- The company confirms it has a fixed Kernel crash caused by Avast Network driver aswNetHub.sys.
- Avast rescue disk now checks for USB file size
Here are the things that fixed with this release
- Stopping the Smart Scan no longer freezes the Avast GUI
- Avast setup no longer crashes during its Uninstall
- The incorrect yellow dashboard state after a new version was released, even though auto-updates were on.
- Fixes in restoring settings from backup files
- Changing language you needed to restart, which was not intended
- The incorrect handling of file size in the virus chest was preventing more files to be added.
Which Antivirus do you use on Windows? What’s your take on Avast Free Antivirus? Let us know in the comments below.