Malwarebytes has released a new component update 1.0.793 for Malwarebytes version 184.108.40.206 and is available for download with 64-bit UI, enhanced Web Protection, miscellaneous UI improvements, and bug fixes. If you’re using Malwarebytes 4 you can download and install the latest component package version by checking for updates within the product about tab.
For the uninitiated, Malwarebytes v4 for Windows was first launched in November 2019 with a redesigned UI and a new scan engine Kanata to combat against Zero-hour threats. The product company itself says Malwarebytes is not a traditional antivirus, it’s an antimalware product that uses various layers of technology such as anomaly detection, behavior matching, and application hardening to destroy malware.
Here is what’s new in Malwarebytes version 220.127.116.11 component update 1.0.793
- Enhanced web Protection
- 64-bit UI
- Improved ARW and AE detection
- Miscellaneous UI improvements.
- MBAMInstallerServices crashes on Windows 7 in certain circumstances.
- Infinite MBAMInstallerService loop in certain circumstances.
- Windows Security Center option not honoring restore defaults button under certain circumstances,
- Miscellaneous UI defects.
- Windows Security Center shows a notification that Malwarebytes and Windows Defender are off after activating License.
- USB drives not being ejected under certain circumstances.
- Failed to avert installation on ARM-based systems.
You can anytime download the latest Malwarebytes product from its website here.
More on Malwarebytes 4