August Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 10 are now available. Microsoft has released the cumulative update Kb4343909 for Windows 10 version 1803 and is available to download via Windows Update. The cumulative update includes protection for speculative side-channel vulnerability, fixes to bugs and improvements and no new Operating system features were introduced with this update. This CU increases Windows OS build number to 17134.228.
Cumulative Update KB4343909 for Windows 10 version 1803
- As we said above, this update provides protection against a new speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF), that affects Intel® Core® processors and Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Fixed an issue that causes high CPU usage that results in performance degradation on systems with Family 15h and 16h AMD processors
- Resolves an issue that prevents apps from receiving mesh updates after resuming.
- Ensures that Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge support the preload=”none” tag.
- Addressed an issue that prevents some applications running on HoloLens, from authenticating after upgrading from Windows 10, version 1607, to Windows 10, version 1803.
- The issue with degradation of battery life after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803 has been fixed.
You can check the whole changelog of KB4343909 here.
Download KB4343909 update
The cumulative update KB4343909 is now available for download via Windows Update. You can also able to download the update from Microsoft Update Catalog site by using the direct download links given below if you face any issues in installing the update on your computer through Windows Update.
You need to restart your computer to install this update.
What’s your take on this update? Have you successfully installed it on your computer? Let us know in the comments below.