Notepad++ test editor and source code editor available for Windows, has received an update. The new Notepad++ 7.5.6 version, apart from fixing two crashes and improving function list and ghost typing, comes with an Easter egg included.
Find Space Invaders Easter Egg in Notepad++
1.Launch the latest version of Notepad++
2. Open a new file and type “space invaders” (without quotes), select it and press F1.
1. Fix macro playing back crash issue on new added “find previous” and “find next” buttons.
2. Function List enhancement: Highlight the current function based on cursor position.
3. Fix crash on styler dialog of User Defined Language dialog.
4. Fix file status detection issue under Windows XP.
5. Ghost typing enhancement: Unicode, syntax highlighting and speed support.
(check the url for the usage of ghost typing on command line: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/ghost-typing.html )
6. Add a message from outer space.
You may also want to check the recent articles published on Notepad++.