Microsoft is continuing to improve PDF Reader in Edge Chromium. After adding text comments and a slew of features, the company today added the Video Comments option to selected text in PDF documents. The feature is available to try out in Edge 90 Canary.
If you share your PDF documents with colleagues, friends via email or app, then adding a reference to the text in PDF will be pretty useful. Same in the case of Video comments, you can add when they make sense and there is a requirement for doing that.
Microsoft confirms in their updated roadmap for PDF Reader in Edge chromium that the following features are already available
The company says they’re working to add more PDF features to Edge.
How to Enable and add Video Comments in PDF in Edge browser
- Launch Edge browser
- Visit edge://flags
- Search for “Add video comments in PDF”
- Click on the dropdown arrow and select “Enabled “for the result and restart the browser
- Open a PDF in Edge, select some Text
- Hover over with mouse to see the mini context menu,
- Select Add Video comment
- Insert the video link and click the tick arrow to save and save the changes to the document before sharing with others.
- You can check the video comment working or not by selecting the “Play video comment” option in the selected text context menu.
What’s your take on PDF video comments in Edge? Let us know in the comments below.