Microsoft is introducing new and unique features for Edge no one ever thought of. We can name Web Capture, Collections, Vertical Tabs, Sleeping tabs, Startup Boost as some examples and the list can only grow from now on. Microsoft built something natively into Edge for students who found mathematics difficult called Math Solver and is available in Edge 90 Canary.
How to enable and use Math Solver on Edge browser
- Launch Edge browser
- Click on Settings and more (three-dot icon) and select Settings
- Click on Appearance
- Toggle the “Show Math Solver button”
- Click on the √X icon on the toolbar
- Click on “Type a math problem”
- Click on Extended Keyboard and start inputting problems using the numbers and maths functions available on the keyboard at the bottom, once entering is complete, click on the blue arrow in the input field.
For instance, you can ask Edge to give answers to simple problems such as the square root of 49 and the complex ones.
- Math Solver shows the Answer, the solution steps, and recommended YouTube videos, it also allows sharing the solution on social sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit.
The Math Solver feature in Edge is currently optional, not enabled by default.
Microsoft may learn the feedback before riding it into dev and Beta channels.
Not all Edge users may use the feature, some may utilize it. Let us know your comments on this below.