Microsoft recently started testing a new Widget that brings you Bing search and Personalized news feed to the desktop from the Edge browser on Windows 10. The updated widget includes a floating button similar to the Firefox Picture-in picture button and Search-only layout.
Windows 10 insider builds received News and Interests feature on the taskbar, Microsoft is now trying same through Edge browser.
Redmon company hasn’t officially announced it till now, but it is getting improved and gaining new features in Edge insider channels.
- In addition to Dashboard and Vertical layouts, Widget provides Search only layout option.
- Enabling it shows the search bar only (powered by Bing) w/o headlines and weather.
- You can enable or disable the floating button by selecting the option in the Gear icon menu.
- When you minimize the widget, the floating button appears on the desktop and on top of Windows apps
- You can drag and drop the button anywhere on the screen. It gets stick to the top, left, and right side with a nice animation but not to the bottom.
- You can pin the widget and autohide it.
- You’ll be able to relaunch it by clicking Settings and menu > Settings >New Tab Page >Launch web widget to see how it works
If you configure Edge to open Web Widget on startup, you can disable it by toggling the “Show web widget when you start your computer” setting.
Microsoft focusing on delivering weather and news headlines through web Widget in Edge browser on Windows 10? What do you say about the new features? Let us know in the comments below. [Thanks to Florian]
More on Microsoft Edge: