Microsoft has brought one more feature from Edge Legacy to the new Edge. Edge Canary version is currently offering the “Pin to Start” option to a subset of users to allow pin a website to the Start Menu on Windows, in addition to the taskbar. The option is currently visible to some insiders only due to Controlled Feature rollouts.
Microsoft Edge Legacy allows users to pin a website to Start Menu and the taskbar by offering options on its menu.
By utilizing either, you can able to quickly launch respective websites from the Start menu and taskbar, and they’ll open in the Edge browser.
New Edge based on Chromium lets you stick frequently visited sites to the taskbar when you run the taskbar pinning wizard and it also allows to pin desired sites to the taskbar
Microsoft now is extending the sites pinning feature to Start Menu as well in the new Edge.
To get started,
How to Pin a Website to Start Menu in new Microsoft Edge
- Launch new Edge
- Navigate to the website you want to pin to the Windows Start menu
- Click on ellipsis icon and More Tools
- Select “Pin to Start”
- Type a name in the Pin to Start a dialog and click “Pin”
- Click “Yes” when you asked for confirmation to pin the tile to Start
- The website will be added to Start Menu and appears along with other live tiles.
- Click on Start, right-click on the page and resize it to smaller or medium size, or “Turn live tile off” or “unpin” it.
Have you ever added a website and launched from Start Menu or taskbar on windows? Let us know in the comments below.