Recently we reported, for the first time, Firefox allows hiding Bookmarks Toolbar with Ctrl+Shift+B Shortcut on Windows. To make it easier to access bookmarks saved to “Other Bookmarks folder”, starting Firefox 84 onwards, the Bookmarks Toolbar will display the Other Bookmarks folder. If you move bookmarks to another folder or Bookmarks Menu, the folder will be removed automatically from Toolbar.
What you need to know:
- Other Bookmarks button will appear in Bookmarks Toolbar if it contains any bookmarks
- Firefox offers an option to hide it if you found it annoying.
Hide Other Bookmarks Folder on Bookmarks Toolbar in Firefox
- Load about:config in the address bar
- Ensure Boolean Pref named “browser.
toolbars. bookmarks. showOtherBookmarks” exists, if not present, create it
- You can either set its value to “false” or right-click on the bookmarks Toolbar and uncheck “Show Other Bookmarks”
It’s worth noting that as of writing the article, the UI option or hidden pref to control the visibility of the Other Bookmarks button isn’t available in Firefox 84, but does exist in Firefox 85 Nightly. The option may or may not be available when Mozilla ships Firefox 84.
What’s your take on this? Do you find Firefox displaying Other Bookmarks Folder in the Bookmarks bar annoying? Let us know in the comments below.