With Avast 18.6 release, Avast Software has published Avast Online Security Extension for Microsoft Edge browser and is available on Microsoft Store for download.
Avast Online Security extension till now available and gets installed in Chrome and Firefox browser when you install Avast Antivirus is now also available for Edge browser on Store. The extension blocks known trackers, Phishing websites and displays safety ratings in search engine result pages.
Avast Online Security Extension for Microsoft Edge
- Offers protection against phishing sites
- The ratings for a website are powered by a community of 400 million Avast users
- Hovering over any link display the rating
- You’ll be warned when you visit websites having bad reputation
- Blocks tracking cookies which collect data about your browsing activities
The plugin has following settings enabled by default, which you can manage in Options of it.
- Anti phishing
- Do Not Track
- Site Correct -Detects and corrects mistyped URLs and directs to legitimate sites
- Data Sharing. You may want to disable this to prevent Avast from sending information to third-parties.
- Shows ratings on search result pages.
You can download the extension from Microsoft Store from here.