Apparently, there are multiple reports from users on Malwarebytes forum that the anti-malware is not working properly in Windows 10 2004, causing all sorts of issues such as slowness, apps won’t open, and computer freezes. Malwarebytes has acknowledged these issues today and said they’re investigating and suggested affected users to take the following actions to overcome this.
Malwarebytes is not working well on Windows 10 2004. This has been brought to company notice by affected users via a number of threads on the forum.
The thing is all users running Malwarebytes on Windows 10 May 2020 Update, are not affected, only a few, this may be to do with different PC configurations, hardware drivers, and third-party applications.
The company confirmed they’ve been able to reproduce the issue and is investigating the root cause that results in
- Degradation of performance
- Prevents applications from opening
- Computers to become unresponsive
The company suspects a possible conflict between the Ransomware Protection layer and Windows 10 2004 as the cause of the issue.
The following mitigations have been suggested by Malwarebytes team
- Delay Windows 10 2004 Upgrade until a fix is provided by them.
- Reboot the system
- Perform a clean reinstallation of Malwarebytes by using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
- Disable Ransomware Protection by opening Malwarebytes > Real-Time Protection card > Protection Layers >Toggle Ransomware Protection
Are you affected?