When you try to access Windows Store on Windows 10, you may get an error like this: ‘The Server stumbled We all have bad days. The error code is 0x80072EFD, in case you need it’.
The server stumbled is the most common error received by users recently, but error code is important, if the error code you’ve got is 0x80072EFD, then try this workaround from Microsoft and see it works.
Fixing Windows Store’s ‘The Server is Stumbled’ 0x80072EFD Error in Windows 10
1. Open registry editor and navigate to
2. Right click on ‘Profiles’ and select ‘Permissions’, click ‘Advanced’ and check ‘Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object’ and click ‘OK’ (check the screenshot below).
3. Exit Registry Editor and restart your computer.
4. Try to open the store again, this time you won’t see server stumbled warning or the error code 0x80072EFD.
Windows Store quality team’s Venkat Iyer said this in a thread ‘ We have seen multiple reports of Windows 10 Store users running into “Server Stumbled” issue with error code 0x80072EFD. This error manifests in Network connectivity issues from the Client to the Store Services ‘.
If the above solution doesn’t help, then try the below steps one by one
Some other workarounds to fix the server stumbled error
- Check your date and time are set correctly.
- Disable Proxy and check, Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy and ensure ‘Use a Proxy Server’ is disabled
- Reset the app cache by running wsreset.exe command in a command prompt, after opening it in
- Ensure you’re on a private network, and change public network to Private if that’s not in your case.
If you’ve server getting stumbled problem with different error codes like 0x801901F7 0x80072EFF, then check this thread.
Has that fixed the issued for you?
Please share this article