Changes to ad blocking extensions isn’t going to do any good to Chrome, users will surely make the switch to other browsers where ad blockers will be more effective. Mozilla wants to grab this opportunity with both hands, the organization created a dedicated site on switching from Chrome to Firefox and included a link in it to a help article written in May 2019 with instructions on how to do that.
Visiting https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/switch conveys the message to users that moving from Chrome to Firefox is easy and risk-free process and says it only take three steps. The page says installing Firefox is all user need to do, Firefox takes care of importing Chrome data.
The specially crafted webpage offers a “Download and switch” button for Firefox. The organization assures you can still have Chrome on your computer after switching, it won’t go away, Mozilla already readied help article on how to make the switch, it provides a link to that to convince as a last resort.
From Internet Archive, we learned this switch page available from February 2018 onwards whereas the page that offers step by step instructions to switch from Chrome to Firefox has been created in last month.
If you don’t know here is how you can import data from Chrome to Firefox browser
1. Download and install Firefox browser from here.
2. Import wizards ask to import data from other browsers installed on your system
3. If its not, launch Firefox, click Library button > Bookmarks, Click Show All bookmarks[Ctrl+Shift+B]
4. Click Import and Backup > Import Data from Another browser, Select Chrome,
5. Click Next and select the items to import and Finish.
Are you jumping from Chrome to Firefox?