Malwarebytes Corporation has started pushing out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
2.17 2.18 through MBAM program update service, this is more of a patch and is not available to download from their website at the moment. “This release is limited to users updating from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.4 or greater to start, so we don’t have a direct download link to share right now.”
What’s new in Malwarebytes v18.104.22.1687
According to their forum post
- License key is now displayed on the My Account screen
- Remaining subscription duration now displayed on My Account screen
- Implemented other licensing improvements to clarify license status
- Enhanced protection capabilities of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Web Protection
- Numerous enhancements to prepare for full compatibility with Windows 10
- Enhanced Malwarebytes Chameleon’s ability to fully restore Malwarebytes functionality when affected by a malware infection
- Updated data collection techniques to improve malware research and analysis
- Removed “Exclude” button on Website Blocked notification to reduce inadvertent allowing of malicious sites
- Updated button text on Malware Detected and Non-Malware Detected notifications to clarify meaning
- Added enhanced support for High DPI displays
- Enabled the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version to receive incremental database updates
- Added appropriate copyright notices and license statements for all third-party open source software
- Corrected translation errors for core non-English languages (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Polish)
Added support for Chinese Traditional, which is provided as a convenience for our users by a community volunteer and is not an officially supported language
Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
- Reverted the temporary change in v.2.1.6 that disabled checking for updates prior to scheduled scans
- Fixed SDK Database load errors for error code 2 and 1812
- Removed obsolete “Terminate program when no threats are found” setting since scans now run from the tray application
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during scan and quarantine operations
- Fixed crash that occurred when clicking the Clear Policies link on Access Policies screen
- Fixed issue where “Show notification after successful update” setting was not properly retained during upgrade from v.2.1.4 to v.2.1.6
- Fixed issue where “Close notification” setting was not retained during upgrade from v. 2.1.4 to v.2.1.6 if the user had changed that setting back to 7 seconds after installing v.2.1.4
- Fixed issue on the Quarantine screen where unselecting a quarantined item disabled the Delete and Restore buttons
- Fixed issue where incorrect program version was listed in the scan logs
- Disabled option to specify rootkit scanning as part of a Hyper scan
What you can do is keep clicking on the ‘Update Now’ button on program dashboard which not only checks for database updates, but also for the program update at the same time.
We’ll update this post once when download link for this version goes live.
UPDATE: Malwarebytes has changed the version number from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8, no new features added, changelog remains same.
UPDATE June 26, 2015: If you’re using version 2.1.6, open MABM program window, and click ‘Check for updates’, check for 2 0r 3 times, prompt to install the new version will be shown, proceed.
Even better, Malwarebytes offering this link.
Its now available to everyone to download from Malwarebytes homepage.