In this article, we’ll tell you how to uninstall AVG Antivirus Free 2015, if you’re not able to do that, then also we’ve got you covered with the tool provided by AVG which removes its product successfully.
Uninstalling AVG Antivirus Free 2015
1. Click on Start Menu, further on Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, select ‘AVG 2015’ and click ‘Uninstall‘ button
2. ‘AVG 2015 Uninstaller’ dialog window pops up and provides the options to Download AVG PC TuneUp, Update AVG, and uninstall AVG, click on ‘Uninstall’ button, when the next dialog appears, click on Next,
3. Next, select ‘Remove user settings’- don’t do this if you’re planning for a reinstall -, and ‘Remove Virus Vault contents’ and click ‘Next’ button
4. AVG uninstaller makes the changes you’ve requested and prompts to restart your computer to complete the uninstallation, click on ‘Restart Now’ button.
If AVG uninstallation fails or showed an error during the uninstall process, then it’s time to remove AVG using the official removal tool provided by the company.
AVG 2015 Removal Tool
AVG Remover -Official tool- removes the following AVG products
- AVG Antivirus Free 2015
- AVG Antivirus 2015
- AVG Internet Security 2015
1. Visit Utilities page, which lists AVG Remover from 2012 to current version along with other tools
2. Download 32-bit or 64-bit version of the tool. Close all other applications if any open and run the tool on your computer and follow instructions on the screen.
3. AVG Remover uninstalls the product, after that, it removes AVG user settings, virus vault contents, and other files related to AVG installation.
4. You need to restart your computer once it prompts for the removal to complete.
Note: Only use this tool, if you can’t uninstall AVG using the Control Panel.