Following 113.0.1, Mozilla releases Firefox 113.0.2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux with performance and crash and other bug fixes. Here is what’s new.
- Recent Firefox 113’s Picture in Picture Updates clashes with PowerToys FancyZones on Windows. FancyZones does not register the PiP window as snappable to the layout as a result the PiP window can’t be assigned to a zone. Mozilla has found the regression and fixed it.
- While playing Reddit Videos in Firefox on Windows 10 on certain systems with Intel HD graphics driver version 220.127.116.1190, Firefox crashes. Mozilla has addressed this issue.
- Firefox freezes on certain pages when DevTools WebConsole is opened. This reportedly results in high CPU usage and infinite memory consumption.
- When you open Bookmarks/history sidebar and resize it, the vertical scrollbar doesn’t adjust to the new height.
Official release notes:
- Fixed an issue which caused Picture-in-Picture windows to not be snappable on Windows 11 or on systems with the FancyZones PowerToy installed (bug 1832331)
- Fixed a video playback crash on some Windows systems with Intel graphics (bug 1831329)
- Fixed a bug that could cause Firefox to freeze on some pages when loading them with the Developer Tools Web Console open (bug 1828026)
- Fixed a bug that would cause the bookmarks and history sidebars to not properly react to the browser window being vertically resized (bug 1831535)
Check release notes.
How to Update to Firefox 113.0.2?
If you’re running Firefox 113 or 113.0.1, click on the Hamburger icon and check for updates in the Help menu. Install updates if available and restart Firefox.
It is important to install even Firefox minor updates that address performance and stability issues to keep running Firefox smoothly.
Are you affected by any of the issues mentioned above? Have you installed this update? Let us know in the comments below.
Final words:: Mozilla released Firefox 113.0.2 update with fixes to the PiP bug with PowerToys Fancyzones, Video playback issues with Intel Graphics, the freezing problem with DevTools Webconsole and Bookmarks, and history sidebar resizing.