While users are at upgrading their PCs to Windows 10, Microsoft has released and made available 32-bit and 64-bit version of Media Creation Tool using which, you can able to create your own installation media using either a USB drive or DVD. This tool also offers the option to download Windows 10 ISO which you can later burn to a DVD.
Creating or downloading official Windows 10 ISO file using Media Creation tool
Depending on the OS version you’re using, download either 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Media Creation tool by visiting this page
1. Run it, instead of first ‘Upgrade to this PC’ option, select second one ‘Create installation media for another PC’
2. On the next step, select language, Edition (Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro) for which you want to create an ISO and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit), and click ‘Next’
3. For ‘Choose which media to use’ step, select ‘ISO file’ instead of pre-selected ‘USB flash drive’
4. Click ‘Next’, specify the location (ensure it has sufficient free space to save the file and click ‘Save’ button.
5. Wait for the process to finish, you need to be connected to the Internet for the Windows 10 ISO file to be downloaded from Microsoft servers.
Note: You need a product key if you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time, which you need to enter during the setup.
Have you upgraded to Windows 10? How is the experience?