We’ve covered how to remove Avast Online Security Plugin (this works for Avast v8 only), at that point of time, Avast eight allowed to remove its plugin from browsers through ‘Browser Integration’ in Settings, which is not the case with Avast 2014. Don’t worry! You can still uninstall Avast online Security Plugin for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers quickly without need to open each browser separately.
- Avast Users Fed Up with the Browser Cleanup Tool
- What to do when instup.exe (Avast Antivirus installer) runs for longer time?
Uninstalling or removing Avast Online Security Plugin from Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers at once
1. Close all browsers if any already opened, and open Control Panel>Programs and Features>Programs
2. Select ‘Avast Free Antivirus’ and click on ‘Change’ button.
3. Once Avast setup window appears, click on ‘Continue’
4. On the next step, remove tick mark for Browser Protection (check the screenshot below), and click on ‘Continue’ button
5. Avast makes the requested changes – creates a system restore point, removes the requested component, and updates the product successfully after that – to Antivirus and removes browser protection feature (means AOS plugin) from all browsers.
- Avast Users face problems in running Unity games [Solution Inside]
- What Avast has to do with unsecapp.exe?
6. Click on ‘Done’ button at the end.