Facing Error Code PLUM in Destiny 2 can be annoying, especially when you are in the middle of boss fight. This error might seem hard to fix at first but through our guide we will make it easy for you.
This guide discusses the error, its causes and how to fix it. Let us dive in to know more about the PLUM error.
What is ‘Error Code PLUM’ in Destiny 2?
“Destiny 2 Error Code Plum” is tied to BattlEye, the game’s anti-cheat software, indicating issues with your computer or a Windows update affecting the game’s operation.
The error message emerges from issues with the security files on your PC, which Desinty 2 checks when starting up. It can stop player interaction in certain game missions.
This error acts as a hurdle between your PC and BattlEye, making gameplay difficult.
What Causes ‘Error Code PLUM’?
Outlined below are some of the common causes of the PLUM error.
- Outdated Windows or System Drivers: The Bungie error code PLUM can pop up if your Windows operating system or system drivers are outdated. Ensuring that your system is up to date is crucial for the game to interact properly with your hardware and the BattlEye anti-cheat software.
- Corrupted Game Files: If some of the game files of Destiny 2 have become corrupted or missing, this could trigger the error code PLUM. It’s essential to verify the integrity of game files to ensure a smooth gaming experience.
- Firewall or Antivirus Interference: Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus program might block certain game operations, leading to the Bungie error code PLUM. Adjusting your firewall settings or temporarily disabling your antivirus might resolve the issue.
- Issues with BattlEye Anti-Cheat Software: As the error is closely related to the BattlEye anti-cheat software, any malfunction or improper installation of BattlEye can lead to the error code PLUM. Reinstalling BattlEye or ensuring it’s functioning can solve the problem.
- Network Connectivity Issues: Lastly, network connectivity problems or unstable internet can also trigger this error. Ensuring a stable and strong internet connection is crucial for online gaming and can help avoid such errors.
How to Fix ‘Error Code PLUM’ in Destiny 2?
We have identified some of the common causes. Now, let us look into simple ways to fix the error. Follow the instructions given below.
1. Check Network Bandwidth
- Look for any network bandwidth issues that might be affecting your connection.
- Restart your router to refresh the connection.
- Shift to a wired connection if you’re on a wireless one, as wired connections are usually more reliable.
- Temporarily turn off other internet-using devices to ensure maximum bandwidth for Destiny 2.
- Check for any ongoing network service outages that might be affecting your area.
2. Disable Other Anti-cheat Software
- Please turn off any other anti-cheat software like Vanguard, as it can interfere with BattlEye.
- Ensure that only BattlEye is running when you launch Destiny 2.
- Restart your computer after disabling other anti-cheat software to ensure the changes take effect.
- Check for any software updates for the other anti-cheat programs before re-enabling them.
- Seek advice from the software’s support if you experience continual issues.
3. Verify Game Files Integrity
- Open your Steam Library and navigate to Destiny 2.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 and open Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Select ‘Verify integrity of game files’.
- Wait for the process to complete and fix any corrupted or missing files.
4. Update Windows and System Drivers
- Ensure that your Windows is updated to the latest version.
- Update all your system drivers, including graphics and network drivers.
- Restart your computer after updating to apply the changes.
- Check for any further updates and keep your system up-to-date.
- Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Destiny 2.
5. Contact Bungie and BattlEye Support
- If the error persists, consider reaching out to Bungie or BattlEye support for further assistance.
- Provide them with all the necessary details regarding the error.
- Follow their troubleshooting steps and recommendations.
- Keep an eye on Bungie’s official channels for any updates regarding the error code PLUM.
- Patience may be needed as Bungie has acknowledged this error and is working on a fix.
6. Check for Game Updates
- Look for any available updates for Destiny 2 and install them.
- Restart the game after updating to apply the changes.
- Ensure your game is updated to the latest version to benefit from any patches or bug fixes.
- Look out for announcements from Bungie regarding updates and patches.
- Consider reinstalling the game if the error persists, but ensure you back up any saved data first.
How to Prevent ‘Error Code PLUM’ in Future?
There are many ways to prevent the PLUM error in future. Listed below are some of them.
- Keep System Updated: Ensure your operating system and drivers are updated to the latest versions to prevent compatibility issues which might trigger errors like the Error Code PLUM Destiny 2.
- Verify Game Files Regularly: Use the game platform’s (such as Steam) built-in feature to verify the integrity of game files. It can help in identifying and fixing corrupted or missing files before they cause errors.
- Maintain a Stable Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable and reliable to prevent network-related errors. It’s also advisable to use a wired connection for a more stable gaming experience.
- Allow Game through Firewall and Antivirus: Make sure that your firewall and antivirus software are configured to allow Destiny 2 and its associated anti-cheat software, BattlEye, to operate without restrictions.
- Regularly Scan for Malware: Conduct regular malware scans to keep your system clean. Malware infections can corrupt system files and game files, leading to errors like the Error Code PLUM Destiny 2.
The Plum Error can be a hindrance for players. But it can be fixed easily.
This guide has provided you with detailed information about the error, its common causes, and six steps to solve it. Moreover, it has shared with you a few tips on preventive measures.
If the error exists, kindly write to us. We will get back to you in no time.
Error Code PLUM in Destiny 2 FAQs
This error is usually triggered by issues with your computer, a Windows update, or problems with the security files on your PC, which are checked by Destiny 2 upon startup.
Yes, it is associated with BattlEye, the anti-cheat software utilized by Destiny 2 to ensure fair gameplay.
Indeed, it can stop players from joining certain game missions and interacting with other players in some scenarios.
Yes, keeping your system updated, verifying the game files, adjusting firewall settings, and ensuring a stable internet connection are some of the ways to fix this error.
Bungie is actively working on addressing this error and appreciates player feedback to improve the gaming experience for all Destiny 2 players.