The Blue Protocol Error 102 is a minor issue that players might face when trying to play the game.
This guide will help you to understand what the error is, why it is happening, and how to fix it. Let us explore the Blue Protocol Error.
What is Blue Protocol Error 102?
Blue Protocol Error 102 shows up when starting the game on PC, stopping players at the loading screen.
This makes the game unplayable. It often happens to players using a Japan VPN for the first time. When the game reaches the loading screen, it shows “Error 102” and doesn’t move forward.
This error points to problems connecting to the game’s servers or issues with internet settings like IPV6.
What Causes Blue Protocol Error 102?
Here are some of the common causes of the Blue Protocol Error.
- Internet Connection: Internet issues can prevent the game from connecting to the servers, disrupting the gameplay. A stable connection is crucial for a seamless gaming experience.
- IPV6 Settings: IPV6 settings can cause compatibility issues with the game. Disabling IPV6 is a common solution to rectify this error.
- Game File Issues: Corruption or missing files can hinder the game’s operation. Repairing or verifying the game files can resolve this issue.
- Server Overcrowding: When too many players are online, it can overload the game servers. It is common during special events or peak playing hours.
- Access Permissions: The game requires certain permissions to run properly on your computer. Running the game as an administrator can solve access issues.
How to Fix Blue Protocol Error 102?
We have provided step-by-step process to fix the Blue Protocol Error. Follow the Instructions given below.
1. Disable IPV6
- Press the
Windows key + R.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Access Network and Sharing Center.
- Click current connection.
- Open Properties.
- Uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
2. Run Blue Protocol as an Administrator
- Navigate to the folder where Destiny 2 is installed on your computer.
- Find the executable file for the game, usually named
- Right-click on the
- A menu will appear; select ‘Properties‘ from the menu.
- In the Properties window, click on the ‘Compatibility‘ tab.
- Find the option that says ‘Run this program as an administrator‘ and check the box next to it.
- Below the ‘Compatibility‘ tab, click the ‘Apply‘ button to save your changes.
- You may also click ‘OK‘ to close the Properties window.
- Close Destiny 2 if it’s currently running.
- Relaunch the game by double-clicking on the
Destiny2.exefile or through your game library on Steam or other game launchers.
3. Disable Integrated GPU
- Press the
Windows key + R.
devmgmt.msc, hit Enter.
- Expand Display Adapter.
- Right-click internal GPU.
- Click Disable device.
- Launch game.
- Re-enable GPU if the error is resolved.
4. Restart the Game and Your Connection
- Ensure you exit Destiny 2 completely.
- Turn off your router, wait for a minute, then turn it back on.
- Open Destiny 2 again to see if the error is resolved.
- Connect to a different network to check if the issue is network-related.
- Check VPN if outside Japan: If you are outside Japan, ensure your VPN is functioning properly.
- Reboot your computer to refresh the system.
- Contact support if the issue persists: If the error continues, get in touch with Destiny 2 customer support for further assistance.
5. Contact Support:
- Find Blue Protocol’s support page on their official website.
- Take screenshots of the errors.
- Fill the support form on the support page.
- Write about your problem in the form.
- Attach the screenshots to the form.
- Click submit to send the form.
- Wait for an email from support and follow what they say.
How to Prevent Blue Protocol Error 102 in Future?
Here are some preventive measures to avoid Blue Protocol Error in future.
- Stable Internet: Ensure a stable Internet connection to prevent connectivity issues.
- Disable IPV6: Disable IPV6 settings if they cause compatibility issues with the game.
- Verify Game Files: Regularly verify and repair game files to prevent corruption or missing files.
- Avoid Peak Hours: Play during off-peak hours to avoid server overcrowding.
- Run as Administrator: Always run the game as an administrator to ensure it has the necessary permissions.
To sum it up, encountering the Blue Protocol Error can be annoying for gamers.
We have discussed what the error is, why it is happening, and ways to fix the error. The article also shared a few tips to prevent the error in future.
If the error exists, please drop a message in the message box below. We will reach out soon.
Blue Protocol Error 102 FAQs
This error usually pops up due to server issues, internet problems, or lack of proper access to game files on your computer.
You can fix it by checking your internet, disabling IPV6, or running the game as an administrator.
Yes, too many players online can cause server overload, triggering this error.
Yes, corrupted or missing game files can trigger this error.
If the error persists, consider contacting the game’s support team or check for solutions on official forums.