If you play Destiny 2 a lot, you might have seen different error codes pop up. One annoying error code is the ‘Weasel’ error. It can mess up your game and stop you from having fun.
In this article, we’ll talk about the ‘Weasel’ error code in a simple way. We’ll understand why it happens and learn how to fix it. This blog aims to help you deal with this error and get back to enjoying Destiny 2.
What is Weasel Error in Destiny 2?
The ‘Weasel’ error code in Destiny 2 means there’s a network issue between your game system and the game’s servers. This error occurs when the game can’t connect well to the servers. It can kick you out of the game, cause lag, or prevent you from logging in.
Also, if the error keeps happening, playing Destiny 2 can become frustrating. Repeated disconnections and lag can ruin your game progress and enjoyment. Fixing this error is important to enjoy the game again.
What Causes Error Code Weasel in Destiny 2?
There are a few common causes behind the ‘Weasel’ error code in Destiny 2. These include:
- Network connectivity issues
- Firewall restrictions
- Network hardware problems
- Outdated game client
- Server-side issues
How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Weasel?
1. Check Server Status:
- Go to Bungie’s official server status page or use a website like DownDetector to check Destiny 2’s server status.
- Look for any notices of server outages or maintenance.
2. Ensure Stable Internet Connection:
- Check if other devices are able to connect to the internet to ensure it’s working properly.
- If you’re on Wi-Fi, consider switching to a wired connection for better stability.
3. Restart Your Game:
- Close Destiny 2 completely, whether you’re on PC or console.
- Reopen the game and check if the error is gone.
4. Restart Your Console or PC:
- Shut down your console or PC.
- Wait for a minute, then turn it back on.
- Try playing Destiny 2 again.
5. Power Cycle Your Device:
- Hold the power button on your console or PC until it turns off completely.
- Wait for a minute.
- Press the power button again to turn your device back on.
6. Optimize Network Settings:
- Look up guides on how to improve network latency and packet loss for your specific device.
- Follow the steps to adjust settings like UPnP, Port Forwarding, and NAT Types.
7. Clear Console Cache (for console players):
- Turn off your console.
- Unplug it from the wall, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in.
- Turn your console on and check if the error is resolved.
8. Verify Game Files (for PC players):
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on Destiny 2, and select ‘Properties’.
- Go to the ‘Local Files’ tab, and click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’.
9. Update Your Game and Network Drivers:
- Check for any available updates for Destiny 2 and install them.
- On PC, open ‘Device Manager’, find ‘Network adapters’, right-click on your network device, and choose ‘Update driver’.
10. Reinstall Destiny 2:
- Back up your game data if necessary.
- Uninstall Destiny 2 from your system.
- Download and install Destiny 2 again from the official site or your platform’s store.
11. Contact Bungie Support:
- Visit the Bungie support page.
- Fill out the necessary information regarding the error you’re experiencing.
- Submit your request for help.
Prevention: Avoiding the Weasel Error in Future Sessions
To avoid encountering the ‘Weasel’ error code in future Destiny 2 sessions, consider implementing the following preventive measures:
- Optimize your network setup: Ensure that your home network is optimized for gaming. Position your router strategically, minimize interference from other devices, and consider upgrading your internet plan if necessary.
- Use a wired connection: If possible, connect your console or PC to your network using an Ethernet cable instead of relying on Wi-Fi. This can provide a more stable gaming experience and minimize the risk of network errors.
- Keep your game client updated: Regularly check for updates to your game client and install them promptly. Developers release updates to address bugs and improve network connectivity.
The ‘Weasel’ error code in Destiny 2 can be annoying, but with the right steps, you can fix it and enjoy the game again. Understanding why this error happens and following the simple fixes can help solve the problem quickly.
Moreover, keeping your game updated, improving your internet connection, and learning about other common error codes can help avoid issues in the future.
Destiny Error Code Weasel FAQs
It’s an error in the Destiny game indicating a connection issue between your console/PC and Destiny servers, often caused by packet loss or network problems.
This error usually appears when there are network interruptions. It could be due to your internet connection, Wi-Fi issues, or server-side problems.
Restart your game and ensure a stable internet connection. If on Wi-Fi, try using a wired connection for better stability.
Not always. While server issues can cause it, most times it’s related to individual network problems. Check Destiny’s server status to be sure.
Consider resetting your router, checking for game updates, or contacting Destiny’s support for further assistance.