Destiny 2 is a popular online multiplayer game enjoyed by gamers around the world. However, like any online game, there can be occasional issues and error codes that players encounter. One such error code Centipede is a common one.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Error Code Centipede in Destiny 2, understand its causes, and explore various solutions to resolve this issue.
What is Error Code Centipede in Destiny 2?
Error Code Centipede is an error that players of Destiny 2 may encounter while trying to connect to the game servers. It is usually displayed with a message stating, “Centipede error code. You have been returned to the title screen.”
This error prevents players from accessing the game. When encountering the error, players may find themselves unable to log into the game or experience sudden disconnections while playing.
This error can occur on various platforms, including PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, affecting a wide range of players across the Destiny 2 community.
What Causes the Centipede Error in Destiny 2?
There are several common causes that can trigger the error in Destiny 2:
- Loss of Connection to Servers: This error can be triggered by a loss of connection to the game servers.
- WiFi Usage: Playing Destiny 2 over a Wi-Fi connection can result in a loss of data, contributing to the Centipede Error.
- Strict NAT (Network Address Translation) Settings: Having NAT settings on Strict or Type 3 can cause this error, and it’s recommended to change the NAT to Open or Type 1.
- Home Network Configuration or ISP Issues: Problems with home network configurations or the Internet Service Provider (ISP) can lead to the Centipede Error.
- Outdated or Overloaded Internet Hardware: Using outdated internet hardware, or having a large number of devices connected to the network can cause this error.
- Communication Breakdown with Bungie’s Servers: Any interruption in communication between the player’s network and Bungie’s servers can trigger the Centipede Error.
Also Check: Error Opening File For Writing
How to Fix Error Code Centipede in Destiny 2
Now that we have a better understanding of the error code, let’s explore some of the ways given below to fix it.
1. Check Destiny 2 Server Status:
- Go to Bungie’s official server status page or a third-party server status website.
- Check if there are any ongoing server outages or issues reported.
2. Verify Your Internet Connection:
- Open a web browser and visit a website to ensure your internet is working.
- You can also perform a speed test to check your internet speed and ping.
3. Switch to a Wired Connection:
- Disconnect from your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug an Ethernet cable into your gaming device and your router or modem.
- In the settings of your gaming device, select the wired connection option.
4. NAT Type Adjustment:
- Access your router settings by typing your router’s IP address into a web browser.
- Look for NAT settings, usually found under WAN or Advanced settings.
- Change the NAT type to Open or Type 1 and save the settings.
- Launch Destiny 2, go to settings, navigate to Gameplay, and check the “Stun Test (NAT Type)” row to verify the change.
5. Restart Your Router:
- Unplug the power cable from your router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into your router and wait for it to fully restart.
6. Update Network Adapter Driver:
- On your PC, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Network adapters section, right-click on your network adapter, and select Update driver.
- Choose the automatic search option to allow Windows to find and install the latest driver for your network adapter.
7. Use a VPN (if Necessary):
- Download and install a reputable VPN service.
- Open the VPN and connect to a server.
- Once connected, launch Destiny 2 and check if the error is resolved.
Also Check: Error: Cannot Find Symbol
Error Code Centipede in Destiny 2 has been a recurring challenge for many players, disrupting their connection to the game servers. This guide has dug into the causes of this error and offered several solutions.
From checking server status to adjusting NAT types and even considering a VPN for stable connectivity, there are many ways to fix the error.
We truly hope this guide aids you in your gaming journey. If you still face challenges or have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We value your feedback and are here to assist you every step of the way.
Destiny 2 Error Code Centipede FAQs
It’s a network-related error indicating connection issues between your console or PC and Destiny 2 servers.
While it often relates to server connection problems, your own Internet stability, speed, or firewall settings could also be factors.
Re-installing can be a solution, but it’s often simpler to first try restarting your device or checking your connection settings.
Yes, many players have encountered it, especially during peak server times or updates.
Ensure all game patches are updated, check for system-wide server outages, and consider contacting Destiny 2’s support.